myColorado™ Mobile App Supports Safer At Home and in the Vast, Great Outdoors
myColorado provides secure and convenient access to state services anytime, anywhere! The app's newest features include access to important COVID-19 resources, COVID-19 alerts, benefits on Colorado PEAK®, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services, State of Colorado job opportunities, and technical support via chat.
There's more! The app’s contact-free Colorado Digital ID™ enables you to create a secure electronic version of your driver license or state identification (ID) card on your smartphone for proof of identification, age, and address within Colorado. You may also store digital vehicle registrations in the app Wallet!
Become a myColorado Partner and let Coloradans know you accept the Colorado Digital ID! Don't forget to request a window sticker to proudly display at your business or agency. Below are just some of the myColorado Partners:
- 4 Noses Brewing Company
- Colorado Department of Revenue
- Colorado WIC
- Colorado Wine Industry Development Board
- Deep Roots Winery & Bistro
- Denver Public Library
- Great Divide Brewing Company
- Horsefly Brewing Company
- Life Flower Dispensary
- Check out more myColorado Partners!
Features and services available in myColorado:
- Access the latest COVID-19 updates and helpful resources
- Receive notifications about COVID-19 and important state news
- Search State of Colorado job listings
- Renew your driver license
- Access 17 additional online DMV services
- Download and use your Colorado Digital ID
- Search for online state services in one place
- Store vehicle registrations in the Wallet
- Chat with support staff
- Apply for medical, food, cash, and early childhood assistance on Colorado PEAK
Note: The Colorado Digital ID is currently only authorized for in-state use and non-law enforcement activities. You should continue to take your physical ID wherever you go.
Set up your Colorado Digital ID using the myColorado mobile app and your current driver license or state ID card.
Store a digital copy of your auto insurance card and vehicle registration receipt in the Wallet for easy access.*
A free-floating hologram image and the ability to enlarge the Digital ID text when pressed help protect against fraud.
Colorado Digital ID can be displayed without Wi-Fi or cellular service if you have completed the setup process.
- Beginning on October 30, 2019, Colorado Digital IDTM shall be authorized, and may be accepted, as a legal form of personal identification for use in Colorado.
- Beginning December 1, 2019, all executive branch agencies may accept Colorado Digital ID as a method to prove a person's identity where a physical driver license or other State identification is currently required.
- All State law enforcement agencies, including the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Department of Corrections (DOC), are exempt from the directives in the Executive Order. By November 30, 2020, a technical solution shall be provided that allows DPS and DOC and other State law enforcement agencies to accept Colorado Digital ID.
myColorado is a collaborative project between the Governor’s Office, Office of Information Technology (OIT), Department of Revenue (DOR), Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), and Colorado Department of Public Safety. The Colorado Digital ID will evolve over time as national standards are identified and adopted to allow for interstate usage and ensure compliance with federal REAL ID requirements.
We're Here to Help!
The FAQ section on this site answers the most commonly asked questions, and the Support page offers how-to videos to help guide you through the app. If you still need assistance, the myColorado team is happy to help! We also provide customized technical support, so be sure to reach out if you run into any issues.
Form to provide questions, suggestions, or requests for technical assistance