Introducing the Colorado Digital ID™!
myColorado™ is the State of Colorado’s official mobile app™, providing residents with secure and convenient access to state services anytime, anywhere. The app’s newest feature, Colorado Digital ID, enables you to create an electronic version of your Colorado driver license or state identification (ID) card. The Digital ID can be displayed on your smartphone for proof of identification, age, and address within Colorado. The Colorado Digital ID is a secure visual representation of the official physical format of a person’s identification.
With myColorado, you can also:
- renew your driver license,
- securely store personal and payment information,
- receive notifications about important state news,
- easily search for online state services in one place,
- store vehicle registration and insurance information in the Wallet*.
Note: The Colorado Digital ID is currently only authorized for in-state use and non-law enforcement activities. You should continue to take your physical ID wherever you go.
Join the myColorado Partner Program!
Are you in? Click here to join the myColorado Partner Program and your business or agency will be added to the list below.
Click here to request that a window sticker be mailed to your company. Proudly display the sticker on your storefront or in the office to let Coloradans know your business or agency accepts the Colorado Digital ID!
Below are just some of the companies that accept the Colorado Digital ID:
Governor's Office of Information Technology
Colorado Wine Industry Development Board
Denver Public Library
Risk Based Security
Life Flower Dispensary
Soldiers Security Protection
Set up your Colorado Digital ID using the myColorado mobile app and your current driver license or state ID card.
Store a digital copy of your auto insurance card and vehicle registration receipt in the Wallet for easy access.*
A free-floating hologram image and the ability to enlarge the Digital ID text when pressed help protect against fraud.
Colorado Digital ID can be displayed without Wi-Fi or cellular service if you have completed the setup process.
Download app today!
- Beginning on October 30, 2019, Colorado Digital IDTM shall be authorized, and may be accepted, as a legal form of personal identification for use in Colorado.
- Beginning December 1, 2019, all executive branch agencies may accept Colorado Digital ID as a method to prove a person's identity where a physical driver license or other State identification is currently required.
- All State law enforcement agencies, including the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Department of Corrections (DOC), are exempt from the directives in the Executive Order. By November 30, 2020, a technical solution shall be provided that allows DPS and DOC and other State law enforcement agencies to accept Colorado Digital ID.
myColorado is a collaborative project between the Governor’s Office, Office of Information Technology (OIT), Department of Revenue (DOR), Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), and Colorado Department of Public Safety. The Colorado Digital ID will evolve over time as national standards are identified and adopted to allow for interstate usage and ensure compliance with federal REAL ID requirements.
We're Here to Help!
The FAQ section on this site answers the most commonly asked questions, and the Support page offers how-to videos to help guide you through the app. If you still need assistance, the myColorado team is happy to help! We also provide customized technical support, so be sure to reach out if you run into any issues.
Form to provide questions, suggestions, or requests for technical assistance