myColorado™ Mobile App Supports Social Distancing
The myColorado mobile app provides residents with secure and convenient access to state services anytime, anywhere. The app's newest features include links to important COVID-19 information, 17 additional Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services, and State of Colorado job opportunities. Additionally, Coloradans can opt in to receive COVID-19 alerts and other important information in real time through myColorado push notifications. Coloradans are encouraged to download myColorado in the App Store or Google Play and utilize the state’s many online services while staying at home to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
There's more! The app’s Colorado Digital ID™ enables you to create a secure electronic version of your Colorado driver license or state identification (ID) card on your smartphone for proof of identification, age, and address within Colorado.
Check out the many features and services available in the myColorado mobile app:
- See the latest COVID-19 updates
- Receive notifications about COVID-19 and important state news
- Search State of Colorado job listings
- Renew your driver license
- Access 17 additional online DMV services
- Download and use your Colorado Digital ID
- Securely store personal and payment information
- Search for online state services
- Store vehicle registration and insurance information in the Wallet (coming soon)
Join the myColorado Partner Program!
Below are just some of the companies that accept the Colorado Digital ID:
Governor's Office of Information Technology
Colorado Wine Industry Development Board
4 Noses Brewing Company
Denver Public Library
Risk Based Security
Great Divide Brewing Company
Life Flower Dispensary
Soldiers Security Protection
Horsefly Brewing Company
Set up your Colorado Digital ID using the myColorado mobile app and your current driver license or state ID card.
Store a digital copy of your auto insurance card and vehicle registration receipt in the Wallet for easy access.*
A free-floating hologram image and the ability to enlarge the Digital ID text when pressed help protect against fraud.
Colorado Digital ID can be displayed without Wi-Fi or cellular service if you have completed the setup process.
Note: The Colorado Digital ID is currently only authorized for in-state use and non-law enforcement activities. You should continue to take your physical ID wherever you go.
- Beginning on October 30, 2019, Colorado Digital IDTM shall be authorized, and may be accepted, as a legal form of personal identification for use in Colorado.
- Beginning December 1, 2019, all executive branch agencies may accept Colorado Digital ID as a method to prove a person's identity where a physical driver license or other State identification is currently required.
- All State law enforcement agencies, including the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Department of Corrections (DOC), are exempt from the directives in the Executive Order. By November 30, 2020, a technical solution shall be provided that allows DPS and DOC and other State law enforcement agencies to accept Colorado Digital ID.
myColorado is a collaborative project between the Governor’s Office, Office of Information Technology (OIT), Department of Revenue (DOR), Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), and Colorado Department of Public Safety. The Colorado Digital ID will evolve over time as national standards are identified and adopted to allow for interstate usage and ensure compliance with federal REAL ID requirements.
We're Here to Help!
The FAQ section on this site answers the most commonly asked questions, and the Support page offers how-to videos to help guide you through the app. If you still need assistance, the myColorado team is happy to help! We also provide customized technical support, so be sure to reach out if you run into any issues.
Form to provide questions, suggestions, or requests for technical assistance